Monday, November 12, 2012

Pictures of the updates I´ve forgotten to mention


Hi friends,
It has been a busy and exciting past month. I thought I would share in this blog some photos of the moments and updates that haven’t made it into any of my blog posts yet.


We got a new Rottweiler puppy (just 4 months old) to keep our guard dog, Clubber, company. We named her Nala after my favorite Disney movie, The Lion King.


We built and began composting in October. We hope it’s a sustainable project that will continue for years to come in Sinai.






We celebrated many birthdays this month. First Grego turned 22nd in October. We had a nice dinner together in our house that night and then his amazingly hospitable family threw him a large party that weekend in their home in Guayaquil that we all attended. We then celebrated our guard (and my running partner!)´s birthday later that month with a delicious dinner and chocolate cake that Ana and I helped prepare.


There are two Mormon missionaries living in Mt Sinai, one from California. We had dinner with them one night – its great having one more person in Sinai that I can catch up with in English!




Work at Hogar continues to go well. I am working on my own small projects and accompanying the community groups. A few weeks ago we celebrated the one year anniversary of COCOGE – the larger overarching community group in Mt Sinai (PHOTO ABOVE).


Our office supported a medical brigade in Sinai – a truck providing free vaccinations, psychological visits, and general medicine visits. I had a great day literally just sitting and chatting with our neighbors as they waited for their appointments.







We went to Ayangue Beach (a small cove about 3 hours from Mt Sinai) for our first volunteer weekend retreat after about 3 months in country. It was led by a Rostro Alum and it was a great time to relax, reflect, and just enjoy the beautiful beach of Ecuador.

Love and miss you all,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment